2012年1月24日星期二

64bit Win7; 32-bit Office2010 setup. However, I cannot open WebOfice docs on SkyDrive in local copy of Office (Word). Seems it cannot find my program!! Just using Word.


64bit Win7 32-bit Office2010 setup.  However, I cannot open WebOfice docs on SkyDrive in local copy of Office (Word).  Seems it cannot find my program!!  Just using Word.

OK... I am using the 64-bit iE8 browser.  I also found that the 32-bit ProgramFiles directory didn't have the Java folder (for JRE).  When I didn't have that folder, I couldn't even open the file (before being able to choose local or browser to open or edit), just got a 404 error window.  Now that I have JRE installed in the Program Files (x86) directory, I can open and edit in the 64-bit browser, but not open in local copy of Word.  Not from either the browser choice tab or from within the browser's editable version of the document.

Any suggestions?

Answer
Hi ,

The Office Web Apps (more specifically, the Word Web App) should be able to open most Word documents in your browser regardless of if Microsoft Office is installed on the computer.  Usually after selecting the file "Edit in Browser" and "View in Browser" are options on the right side pane.  These open the document in the Word Web App which requires Javascript.  (Javascript and Java are vastly different.  You do not need Java installed, and virtually all browsers support Javascript without any plug-ins.)

more software www.esoftware-shop.com

没有评论:

发表评论