2012年1月24日星期二

Error 1935 or 2908 when installing Office 2010 - here is the solution!


I have Windows 7 Home Premium on a Acer 1410 that I've been trying to install Office Professional Plus 2010 for days, trying every fix I could find. I was getting installation error 2908. Pressing ignore a bunch of time ultimately resulted in error 1935 and a consequent rollback of the install.
Following a Visual Studio installation error thread, I was finally able to determine the cause. C:\Windows\servicing\TrustedInstaller.exe was missing as determined by trying to run the command sfc /scannow and getting "Windows File Protection could not initiate a scan of protected system files." error.
I was able to get another copy of TrustedInstaller.exe from an equivalent laptop and restored the file. This wasn't easy either - I  had to change ownership of the C:\Windows\servicing folder to the Administrators group before I was able to copy the file into it.
After restoring the file and rebooting, I removed .Net Framework 4 with Add/Remove Programs and rebooted.
After reboot, I installed latest .Net Framework 4 and rebooted again.
After all this, I was finally able to complete Office install - Woo Hoo! At least I didn't have to reload Windows...
I suspect that my anti-virus software must have thought that TrustedInstaller.exe was a virus and deleted it - I found that issue in other googling.


more www.esoftware-shop.com  

没有评论:

发表评论